Monday, December 2, 2013

2013 Quilting?????

Some of you may have wondered what has happened to my blog this past year.  Sometimes life just doesn't turn out the way you have planned.

Last year my husband lost his job.  The first 6 months of 2013 I spent most of my time hanging out with him.  I just enjoyed this special, yet difficult time we had to spend together.  We tried to count our blessings in the midst of some very difficult personal challenges.  We did find many blessings to count, among them our friends and family.

We always thought that people who didn't have jobs just weren't trying.  We applied for so many jobs and were rejected.  Some of the jobs we were especially well qualified for and still did not get.  Other jobs were new to us.  We even applied for a job where the only qualification was that you speak English, and we still didn't get it.

Finally on June 17, 2013, with much help from loyal friends,  Richard went to work for Freeport McMoRan, a mining company, in our area.  He was hired as a repairman in the Crush and Convey department.  It is very good job with good benefits.  He also has some really good men to work with.

The day Richard went to work, I left to take care of my daughter in law who was very ill.  I spent the next 5 1/2 months traveling 5 hours to care for her and her family while my son worked, and then traveling 5 hours home again on his days off. One of the hidden blessings was that I became very close to my daughter in law and her three small girls.  I was able to become someone my grandchildren actually knew and I feel they love me just a little bit more for my having been with them so much.  My good son still loves me too!

I was able to quilt some during this time, but I didn't have many finished projects.  I plan on getting to work on them now.  I also am currently finishing a quilt I have made for our Greenlee Cattle Growers 100th Anniversary Celebration.

The jest of all this is that I am back in the Quilting business and plan to start posting on my blog again.  Thanks for all of you who stop by and look at my quilting.  I enjoy your visits and your comments.

Happy Quilting to all of you and a Happy Holiday Season!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails