Saturday, November 7, 2015

Luigi Quilt

My son, Tony, loves to play games.  For years I would ask him if he wanted a quilt and he always said he wanted a Mario quilt.  He even drew me a quilt with elaborate blocks.  I told him I could never make that quilt.  One day he said he wanted a Luigi quilt.  I said I don't have a pattern.  He said he could get me a pattern.  He sat down at the computer and typed in "16 bit Luigi or 8 bit Luigi," I'm not sure which one.  Up popped a picture of what you see here.  It took maybe 30 seconds to find it.  "Squares," I think I can make that quilt.  It's been started for several years now.  Yesterday I finished it.  I love it so much I may not let him have it!! lol
 Closeup of the detailed quilting on my Luigi.
I wanted to surround Luigi with all blue.  Tony said  no, he needs to be on bricks.  They have turned out to be my favorite part of the quilt.
Tony wanted a coin.  The colors are not true, but here is a close up.
It took about a month to quilt this.
Notice the hair and mustache.  The mustache has mustache shaped quilting, but it is hard to see in the black.
 The back is a busy print that hides all my thread color changes.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails